KPCA Spring Conference 2023

View Only

2023 PHE Unwinding Info 

04-17-2023 14:10

In March, DMS hosted Stakeholder Engagement meetings to provide information about the PHE Unwinding and Medicaid renewals. You can find the materials from those sessions here:

Thursday, April 20th there will be a Provider Informational session on Medicaid Renewals and the PHE unwinding. Please register for the event to learn about updates specific to providers and hear answers to some of your questions!​

​​Kentucky PHE Plans and Reports

Through the PHE Unwinding, Kentucky will be prioritizing transparency across all operations and progress through the unwinding. The following materials will provide insight to all operational plans and up-to-date information on our progress through the 12-month unwinding period. Additional reports will be added to this section as they are available.

​​
Frequently Asked Questions

​Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about the PHE and the Medicaid renewal process. In addition, the KY Unwinding Stakeholder FAQ document​ provides further detail. It may be helpful to take a moment to review these questions before calling the kynect helpline for assistance. If you do not see an answer to your question, please call the helpline at 855-4kynect (855-459-6328). 

What is the PHE and what does it mean for my Medicaid?

When will the PHE end?

Currently, the PHE is still in effect allowing Kentuckians receiving Medicaid to maintain their health coverage. On January 30, 2023, the Biden administration announced that the PHE is set to end on May 11, 2023. This announcement gave states 101 days to prepare for the PHE unwinding.​ Regardless of when this PHE ends, due to a new federal law​, Kentucky will begin annual renewals in April 2023 and will continue renewals over 12 months.

For detailed information about the flexibilities that will unwind at the end of the PHE check out CMS' fact sheets.

What happens when the PHE ends?

What can I do to keep my Medicaid?

What if I am no longer Medicaid-eligible?

Medicaid Provider Information

To stay up to date on the changes that are coming, please review the PHE Flexibilities Provider Information Brief​. 

Failure to submit a maintenance application to remain enrolled in Kentucky Medicaid beyond the PHE will result in your enrollment ending and prevention from billing to Kentucky Medicaid, so act now. Please see ​the KY Medicaid Revalidation Newsletter​ to learn more about provider validations.​

The Provider Renewals Guidance Document outlines information that you can share to support your patients through Medicaid renewals. ​To help support your members, providers can access member renewal data in KYHealthNet. Check out this resource to learn how to access your patient's renewal date information.

Updated kynector lists may be requested by contacting Cara Begley at carbeg01032023@bshc.org

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.